"I think I'm movin to Idaho - I ain't afraid of you" -Train
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I Love my little family
Lately I have been thinking a lot about how much our lives are going to change in the next few weeks with a new baby and starting another semester of school. Every time I think about it I get a little choked up, or I sob uncontrollably, you pick. When Molly was born I was so afraid that I wasn't going to love her as much as Carter, or that I wasn't going to be able to love Carter as much as before. I instantly found this was wrong as soon as I saw that sweet little ray of sunshine with the biggest eyes I had ever seen.
Now that number 3 is getting closer and closer I am starting to feel a little bit the same way. I know that I will love her instantly and there will be plenty of love to go around, but I am so full of pregnancy hormones I can't help but be a little too emotional about things like my kids.
I thank my lucky stars and my Heavenly Father that I have the husband that I do. Sometimes having a newborn and two other young children can put a tiny itsy-bitsy little bit of a strain on a relationship, but Tim is such a great husband that I don't have to worry about him feeling left out or forgotten. From past experience I know that he will give, give, and then give a little bit more to do all that he can to make this family better everyday. He is such an example of to me of humility and love in the way that he approaches parenting and all of the many challenges that come along with it. He is my rock and my everything and I so lucky to be experiencing this roller coaster with him. One of the fabulous things about him is that he makes sure I know how much he loves me, and that feels really good. Here's to another ray of sunshine in our lives babe. I love you!
Sorry about the mushy, gooey, love-sick ramblings but I am pregnant and that gives me the right to be overly emotional.
-Jodi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy Frandsen here. Found your blog via Walkan's blog. Paul and I were reminiscing our Village time lately, wondering how you guys are. Glad to see all is going well.
What a cute family. Molly is adorable (love those eyes), and Carter has grown so much! Good luck with #3... I'll be checking back to see another cute addition!
Post a Comment