
So I think Kansas has a chigger problem. Sunday morning I woke up at about 3 AM to an itch that wouldn't stop. I went into the bathroom to find 14 chigger bites around my torso. AAAHHHH! For those of you who know nothing of chiggers they are small, so small you can't see them to get rid of them, insects that eat your skin. To do this they have to put some chigger juice in you to break it down. The chigger juice is extremely itchy. They like to go to places where your clothing is tight, think underwear. Sometimes they lay eggs in you and then the babies come out and start feeding on you too. Yes a very pleasant situation. It doesn't help the already itchy pregnant body.
After my discovery I changed the sheets and my clothes and took a shower. But today, two days after the initial contact I have discovered more on my body and 6 on Molly and 3 on Carter. So tonight I am washing everything in my home in really hot water. And thats about all I know what to do.
Oh yeah one more thing chigger bites last a lot longer than a whimpy little mosquito bite. They will last 4-6 weeks and then a few months later they will just start itching again.
But at least I don't have fleas like my little sister Katie does.
3 comments:
Jodi,
I love the blog and I feel realy bad for you sister. Fleas? Anyway welcome to the life sucking, time consumming, hobbie of blogging. Bytheway, I can't believe how little Molly was, and that sleeping cake picture is the greatest!
YIKES!!!
Jodi,
Was searching the web for chigger insights and found your blog. Coincidentally, I live in Kansas and started getting eaten alive the same weekend you posted this. My boyfriend and I both have been waking up with welt-like bites, mostly on our torsos, for the past month! I was worried we had bed bugs, but today an exterminator claimed it was chiggers. I grew up in the country, and this is not like any chigger experience I'm aware of (seems to happen overnight, walking in yard doesn't result in ankle bites, enormous wide welts as opposed to little pimple-like welts). Wondering whether you confirmed chiggers, if my situation sounds like yours, and what you've done about it. Thanks much!
Sarah
Post a Comment