Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Fishing, 4th, and Friends

After a flag raising ceremony and breakfast at the church for the 4th. We got to go fishing with the Eborns (Sad to say but they just moved to St. George, KS). We have been with them one other time last year and the results were pitiful for everyone except me. I was the only one who caught a fish. So we were afraid that we were going to bring some bad luck again. The weather was fabulous! I don't think the 4th of July has ever seen such wonderful weather. Mid 80's, a breeze, and not too much humidity.
As soon as we got to the pond Doug, the father of the Eborns and the official worm killer, saw fish jumping all around the pond. That is a good sign. Not more than 3 minutes after Carter got the first line in the water he was pulling out his first fish.
It may look small but it is a blue gill and I guess that they are not a big fish. So that one is just a little small. Carter just kept reeling them in as fast as Doug could bait his and everyone else hooks. Molly was also determined to catch a fish but I think she would have rather speared it because all she wanted to do was stick her poll in the water and get it muddy. (Boy that girl likes mud!)
She eventually was able to get in on all of the action and got one of her own.
Then Tim and I got a chance to try our luck. I got the Disney princess poll and Tim got the Dora the Explorer poll and the competition began. '
I think I won for the smallest fish. It looked like something out of a small tank, but it was a blue gill. Tim caught one in the shortest amount of time. In the end we both ended up only catching 4.

Carter came in as the winner of the group with 7 total fish and by far the biggest of them all. It was a great day for fishing, and friends. Every time Carter sees this picture with Camie Eborn he tells me how much he loves her. She is a cute girl, he has got good taste, but I don't know how a 4 year old can handle a long distance relationship with an older woman. Hey at least we have got pictures to keep the love alive.

P.S. Jodi did this post not Tim, I am still figuring this technology thing out.

2 comments:

rik said...

you know, it may have been a sad day for manhattan when the eborns moved out, but wamego was jumping up and down at the news. =]

looks like you guys had a great time. that is one mighty big fish for that little guy to reel in...way to go carter!

Wakan Family Blog said...

Looks like Carter is already a better golfer than I. Molly looks so different with blond hair.