Sunday, July 20, 2008

They are always listening

So I have learned that kids are always listening, this is nothing new to me, but it always cracks me up when they put something together about something you said a long time ago. This morning Molly and Carter were taking a bath. Carter was getting a little too wild, and I told him he was going to have to get out if he poured any more water on Molly's face while she was laying down. So 22 seconds after I told him that, he poured water on Molly's face so that she could get a nice drink of bath water up her nose. As the consequence had been set, he had to get out of the tub now. As soon as he got out he started crying "I don't want to smell like a dog, I don't want to smell like a dog." I guess he heard me say he smelled like a dog long ago on a hot summer day when in fact he smelt like a dog. The lessons I learned this morning were that kids listen to and remember every thing you say and that 4 year olds do care about there personal hygiene.
-Jodi

1 comment:

rik said...

so, so, so very true. they remember everything. especially if it's some half-mumbled statement about the distant future possibility of some improbable event of pleasure or reward that they might perhaps experience if they are good and if daddy feels up to it...they remember those with 100% accuracy.