Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hong Kong Day 1 - Sunday

This is in Tokyo on the plane when we were scanned because of the extreme paranoia for swine flu. Two can play this camera game buddy! I can't even begin to tell you the level of paranoia in these Asian countries. Don't cough or you might get put in jail.

This is the Mickey D's that is a few blocks from our hotel. I ate here on my way to church yesterday (a Big Mac tastes exactly the same in case you were wondering). This place was wall-to-wall people just like the rest of the city.


The harbor that I road a ferry across to get to church on Sunday. I went all over the city by myself for about 6 hours. It was an amazing adventure.


The ferry that took us across the harbor to Hong Kong island.


Sunday was District Conference and it was one of the most spiritual meetings I have been to. The church is consistent and true around the world!


I am the visitor and I was indeed welcome.



Words cannot describe the immensity of this city. Building go on far beyond your vision. This is a little piece of it from Victoria Peak.


Riding the ferry back across the harbor.



Looking for a place to eat that is authentic yet safe.


Chop sticks? No problem (just as long as I can eat really slow).

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Amazing pictures Timothy! Can't wait to hear more about your trip when you are in Utah.

Jessie said...

So cool! You gotta love the swine flu. Every time we hear about it on the news, it says: "So-and-so had swine flu. They got better in 3 days and are now fine". We scoff.

It was great seeing you guys Saturday, by the way.