I don't know when they have time to have these secret meetings but I know my kids have them. The plan: to overtake Tim and I, most of the time they are conspiring against our sleep.
I think the last few meetings must have gone something like this.
Carter: I will take the first shift, I have got this awesome trick that I don't even have to be awake for. I call it my ha ha you thought you were going to be at a decent time trick. I'll wake them about 15 minutes after they fall asleep by crying and whining and walking around in circles. It totally freaks them out.
Naomi: I will take the next shift. Since it has been barely 3 hours since I last ate and I am starving to death and withering away in my sleep. I just have to have some milk at 11:45 or I just can't go on.
Molly: That sounds great. I have this lingering cough that I can throw in all night long that keeps the fear in them. You know how they can't sleep when they are afraid of me screaming out for no reason at all.
Naomi: I think I will take the next shift at 2:00 because I will be so hungry I can hardly scream at the top of my lungs, But I will give it my best. I make this one a good one because I don't think I will want to go right back to bed after that. It's another fear tactic that I have mastered.
Molly: I guess I will take the 3:00 hour and I will wake up a few times crying for dad. I like that extra piece that you added Naomi, I don't think that I will really want to go back to bed either.
Carter: That sounds like an excellent plan. Molly you just need to add a few more coughing fits with some light whining and with my guided trip to the bathroom around 4:00, my snoring and teeth grinding through out the night I think we are set.
I know dad has to get up at 5:00 so I will be the one to wake up mom at about 6:50.
And when all has gone as planned I am exhausted the next day.
I think my favorite part of it is when I have lost my pleasant disposition sometime though out the day Carter says "mom you sound like you need a nap."
If only he were offering to baby sit Naomi for me so I could. Ha!
5 comments:
Wow, and I thought I had it rough with Toby! Sheesh. The whole secret meetings thing made me laugh because I know what you mean in a way. Sometimes its like Toby is listening to what I tell people, just so he can do the complete opposite. When I tell people, "he is starting to sleep better" it seems like he secretly plots to be up the following night! Well anyway...I wish I could be there to give you a break and let you nap!
I wish I was still in town--I would be happy to take the conspirators off your hands for a few hours a week so you could get some zzzzzs!
My children have these meetings too. And frankly, it offends me. :)
(((Jodi)))
I feel for you...and I wish I lived nearby so I could send you and Tim out for a night - a whole night to sleep!!
I only have one little friend who wakes up now, and usually she only gets up once or twice a night. You have three! You deserve a nice l-o-n-g nap. :)
Beck
LOL.
Wow, your sunny disposition lasts sometime within the day? Mine would be gone in the middle of the night!
Post a Comment